Too Many Choices!

Lately, I have been overwhelmed by the amount of choices. I find myself longing for a simpler time and it may be why I loved reading about pioneer times as a child. I know this is ignorant thinking because the pioneers were scavengers for food and fighting off illness without modern medicine.

I'm not going to lie when I say that when I walk down the milk aisle and find 20 different options there are moments when I almost want to cry. Its not about the just the choices in front of me but the information behind all of those milk choices. Soy milk? Well, too much can produce estrogen and for some could lead to breast cancer. Almond milk? Catina just outgrew her almond allergy and I'm not positive my other two daughters may be bothered by it. Coconut milk? And the list goes on! So, I buy the plain ole cow's milk hoping to not be judged by all the spying mothers around me who may be staring at my cart.


And don't get me started on social media and screen time for adults and children! How much is too much? How many options should I be on? How many options should I allow my children to participate in some day? And, do I really need the REMIND app for school and the ParentVue app to view their grades, attendance and lunch balance. And, yes, Ada buys lunch at school once a week and if you think that's bad I feed my kids frozen chicken nuggets that aren't organic or grass fed and probably have a lot of preservatives.

I am an information junky when it comes to gathering tools to help myself and my family but I have found lately that some of it is too much. Its so great to be self aware and in tune but I am finding that all of this is not enough. I need to STOP! I need to stop myself in my tracks at least once a day and be mindful of where I am. I hear this every day. I read about it and I gather information about it but I rarely find that I am doing it. This week I am going to STOP once a day to be mindful. To try to stop the all the information swirling in my head and to be mindful of where I am. Will you join me?






Comments

  1. Yeeeeesssssss!!!! Thank you. I can't imagine having kids (the pressure with these things) because I feel it just looking out for myself! I decided a couple of years ago to make certain choices to help myself: organic eggs because I can afford that and I eat a lot of them, organic chicken when I eat meat (which isn't much because it's expensive) and other than that I just can't afford to go all organic etc because I WANT TO RETIRE SOME DAY AND I ALSO WANT TO TRAVEL NOW. So yeah, choices lol. Does that make me a bad person? idk. WHATEVER.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts