TO DOs

Tomorrow feels very full and the "to-do" list is spinning in my head. I (Ann) woke up full charge ahead so that I can get as much done as I could so that tomorrow I could live in the moment (ironic, I know). I've been pondering for awhile now how I can bring His presence into my "to-do" list.

I heard a sermon on Sunday and it was based on John 5 where there was a man who was disabled hoping to get into the pool of healing. Unfortunately, the pool only healed one person each day and he could never get there fast enough to be the first one in. He had been waiting for 38 years to be healed. Jesus comes along and asks him if he wants to be healed and the man said he did but he couldn't get to the pool… but here is Jesus right in front of Him. This hit home for me. I am a "pull yourself up by your bootstraps" kind of person. I often do things on my own strength to try to get to the pool but Jesus is right here. We are face to face and I don't always see Him and keep dragging myself along.

Lord, help me see you! Below is a prayer I'd love for you to read and pray with me.

O present moment, you belong to me, whole and entire.
I desire to use you as best I can.
And although I am weak and small,
You grant me the grace of Your omnipotence.
 And so, trusting in Your mercy,
I walk through life like a little child,
Offering You each day this heart
Burning with love for Your greater Glory.
 St Faustina
 — From her Diary: Divine Mercy in My Soul, Notebook 1 (1)

Comments

Popular Posts